Thursday, March 19, 2009

February NPD - Some Fool's Fighting A Road, and People Are Buying to See It.

Hardware

PlayStation 2 131K
PlayStation 3 276K
PSP 199K
Xbox 360 391K
Wii 753K
Nintendo DS 588K

Software

Wii Fit w/ Balance Board (WII) 644K
Street Fighter IV* (360) 446K
Street Fighter IV* (PS3) 403K
Wii Play w/ Remote (WII) 386K
Killzone 2 (PS3) 323K
Wii Mario Kart with wheel (WII) 263K
Call of Duty: World at War* (360) 193K
Mario Kart DS (NDS) 145K
New Super Mario Bros (NDS) 144K
Guitar Hero World Tour* (WII) 136K

(*includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Wii Fit leads the charge this month. Can't say I know too much about the game. Regardless, both versions of Street Fighter IV are neck-in-neck on the 2nd and 3rd spots respectively. Heading downward on the list, I'm very surprised to see New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart DS up on the charts for the second month in a row since hibernation. I guess all those new DS owners have to get something to buy, right? Meanwhile, for the two days that it was out in February, Killzone 2 managed to move 323,000 units. I know this was a big title for Playstation 3 owners. Did anyone here pick it up? I rented it, but I can't afford it yet. I got Resident Evil 5 instead, so I'm not too disappointed. Speaking of which, Resident Evil 5, Halo Wars, Pokemon Platinum, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and more release this month. The next NPD results ought to be interesting indeed!

No comments: