Saturday, March 27, 2010

SPC Mailbag - March 27th, 2010

Happy weekend to you all! Welcome to another exciting day here at SuperPhillip Central. It's time to bring out the old sack (no, not that one), and read some of your abridged comments and questions posted on message boards and via e-mail. Let's waste no more time and get to answering your questions!

What do you think about games being ported to other systems?

I think it's great. It gives more people the opportunity to play the game. The only time it's not okay is when a port is announced before the game is released on the original system, thus sabotaging the sales a la Resident Evil 4 (GCN > PS2). I believe it's pathetic when certain people (you know who you are and what blogs you run) cry foul over it. It shows unbelievable console patriotism, and it's just sad. We should be happy when more people get to experience a game such as Dead Space Extraction, Final Fantasy XIII, and Eternal Sonata, to name a few.

What is your opinion on Kevin Butler [the guy in the PlayStation 3 ads]?

I think those commercials are hilarious. I mean, they are really, really good, and some of the best video game commercials to hit the airwaves in a long time. That said, the console warriors who latch onto Kevin Butler as some messiah shows some eerie parallelism to Nintendo fans of 2004. Reggie Fils-Amie was quoted as kicking ass and taking names, and he got a lot of praise from fans for that. It feels like the same thing here with Sony fans. Third place console, needing someone to be their messiah, desperate fanboys, etc.


Do you have any favorite articles you have written in the past?

Why yes, I do. You're smart to have asked! haha
I really love my Most Overlooked series of articles as well top tens no matter how cliche those are. Here's a short and quick list of some of my faves:

A Decade in Gaming - Games of the Year
Games I Liked, Others Didn't
Games I Liked, Others Didn't Redux
Games Others Liked, I Didn't
Happy 15th Anniversary, Playstation.
Mini-Games: A Little Bit of Awesome
Rated "M" for Misnomer
Sequels I'd Love to See
STFU: Shutting the Fanboys Up
Terms in the Industry that are Overused
Third Party Woes on Wii - Who's to Blame?
The Wii, The Third Parties, The Casuals, and the You
Wiitriol: Ask your doctor if Wiitriol is wrong for you

There's just some of my favorites for you guys. Hope you enjoy them and stick around for even more of articles and editorials.

No comments: