Saturday, January 1, 2011

Central City Census - January

It's a brand-new year! I said it once, and I'll say it again for those of you just joining us-- Happy New Year! Let's take a look at the results from last month's poll before I start on this month's. That makes a little bit of sense, doesn't it?

Which platform had the best year?

Wii
18 (47%)
Xbox 360
9 (23%)
PlayStation 3
3 (7%)
Nintendo DS
5 (13%)
Sony PSP
3 (7%)

Votes so far: 38

There you have it, and it seems the Wii had the best year in 2010. I would agree both sales-wise and game-lineup-wise. You had the 2010 GotY in Super Mario Galaxy 2, you had Donkey Kong Country Returns, Disney Epic Mickey, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko VS. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, Metroid: Other M, and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, to name a bunch! Meanwhile, the impressive Xbox 360 scored second place in both sales and votes thanks to games like Mass Effect 2, Halo: Reach, Fable III, and Kinect! The Nintendo DS claimed the third spot with the PlayStation 3 and PSP tying for last place. Not a bad month for voting. Do you agree with the results? Let us know in the comments section.

Now onto the first Census of 2011!

Many folks make resolutions to lose weight, be a better person, not be so overbearing, etc. Who cares about those unimportant goals though? The real question is if you have any gaming-related resolutions! Let's hear 'em!

3 comments:

coffeewithgames said...

I do have a "gaming" resolution, I'll be posting it up on my site later tonight hopefully!

Michael Janssen-Gibson said...

2010 was a game- and console-buying frenzy, so much so that instead of playing I just seemed to collect! Time to play, starting with Super Mario Galaxy 1....yes 1, I am that far behind

Unknown said...

I have too big of a backlog, so I voted to not buy as many games. Thanks for the comments, gentlemen!